Becoming a member of SMART Local 105 gives you a more powerful voice in your workplace. Whether you want to form a union at your workplace or you want to start a career as an apprentice, organizing is the most important way to raise the working and living standards of all sheet metal workers.
Union workers earn 30% more money than non-union workers and 44% more when you include the total compensation of health and welfare benefits.
Additional benefits of becoming a union member include:
- Life and health insurance programs,
- A pension plan,
- A journeyperson card,
- An exceptional training program,
- Industry publications and information,
- A written guarantee that tells contractors that you will work for a professional wage,
- Representation on job disputes,
- Multitude of career paths,
- Acceptance into a strong, union brother- and sisterhood.
The union advantage is clear.
Organizing more workers will strengthen our union and our contracts, and builds our communities with good jobs.
United, we are a powerful voice for fairness and justice at work. Together, we can protect the good jobs that workers need to achieve the American dream. For more information, take the first step by contacting a SMART organizer via a confidential email.
Sign up for free monthly Union Plus E-News with the latest benefits updates and consumer advice
* Upon attaining journeyperson status (This card is recognized internationally.)